Rehearsal from photos from SHED by Amile Wilson
End of Rehearsal Photos
Past Performance Dates
- August 23, see TALK Dance Co at the Mississippi Museum of Art present
A HOUSE OF BROKEN DEAMS.
- April 10, See TALK during Arts Eats and Beats on in Fondren on the State Street stage across from the Corner building.
- April 25, See TALK in downtown Jackson for a free performance at 12 noon. Our stage will be set up at One Jackson Place between Regions and Wachovia Banks.
- January 25, TALK will be performing at the "Best of Jackson" Awards located at the Duling Schhool in Fondren.
- April 3, TALK will be perfoming at the Hinds County Community College
-August 29, SHED Bitsy Irby Studio Theatre An evening of contemporary dance. Romeo and Juliet, new works and film
-October 3, Hinds County Commuinity College
BOOK A PERFORMANCE OR RESIDENCY
Details coming soon, for now, please contact info
EDUCATIONAL OUTREACH PROGRAM
First Words is TALK’s educational outreach program. This program offers students of all ages, race and social-economic backgrounds an opportunity to come in close contact with professional artists. Typically First Words’ programming will begin by presenting a story verbally by a story teller about a Mississippian. Afterwards, the dancers of TALK Dance Co will present to the students that very same story as a contemporary dance work. The students will be able to experience, by means of demonstration, how a verbal story is translated into a kinesthetic story. The students will then have the opportunity to explore, under the guidance and supervision of outreach director Kevin Jones as well as TALK’s artists, the subject matter of that same story with their own personal expression. This experience of collaboration with one another and the professionals of TALK towards this common goal will be an invaluable lesson for the students. The goal of First Words is to enrich and empower students towards success not only by equipping them with role models from the professional artistic arena, but also by introducing experiences with artistic storytelling in both word and dance, and by cultivating their abilities to perceive, analyze, articulate and recreate their own experiences.
� 2007 TALK Dance Co. | Jackson, Mississippi | Site design by Clay Borne Design